Monday, August 9, 2010

TAT Trip - August 7-2010

Greetings;

The last two nights, we have not had any wireless internet, so I could not update.


Saturday 8-7-10, My wife Barb and I drove over to the other side of Canandaigua Lake, to John Gage's place, to pick him and his bike up. We arrived at 2:45PM, and were out of there by 3:15PM, heading South

We  wanted to get as close to Columbus, OH as we could (half-way point). Traffic was light as we headed South to I-86, to I-90 West. At I-79 we headed South towards Pittsburgh, PA. Then West on I-70, by-passing Wheeling WV on 470. It was almost 10PM now. We had stopped earlier and ate a great Mexican meal at a local place, but were pretty tired, so we decided to stop in Cambridge ,OH (I-70 & I-77). First two places we stopped  at..all sold out. We learned it was one of the busiest weekends in the area, everything was full. We found a small Budget Host at the next exit West, and settled in. Small motel, only 20 rooms, very clean, very quiet, but all rooms had two twin beds. No Kings, No queen size..so we were a little cramped...oh well, we were very tired, didn't matter that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment